On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Ron Buckton <rbuck...@chronicles.org> wrote:
> [...]

That doesn't help our main use-cases, which is allowing you to get a
cancelable future out of *platform* APIs, where the platform
constructs the future for you.

>> It would be so nice if JS had multiple return values, so we could let
>> cancellable future-returning APIs just return a naked resolver as their
>> second
>> value, and only clueful call sites would need to care about it.  ^_^
>> Instead,
>> we'll probably need to have API variants that instead return something like a
>> Deferred, or that return a pair of a future and a resolver.
>
> That sounds like what I just mentioned in
> https://gist.github.com/rbuckton/5424214.

It's inverted, actually, but it works out similarly.  That might be
the way to go - it lets you keep a single calling function, but still
optionally send in cancellation notices.

~TJ