Joining the  IETF list is easy and open to anyone:

From: paul.hoff...@vpnc.org

Greetings. As you are probably aware, the IETF is doing a revision to RFC 4627,
the document that defines JSON for the Internet. That work is just beginning,
and if any members of TC39 would like to participate in it, getting involved
early would be a benefit to everyone.

Information on the IETF working group that is doing the work (which is boringly
called the "JSON Working Group") can be found at
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/json/charter/>. "Joining" an IETF WG is simply
the act of subscribing to the mailing list; that information is at
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/json>. Participating is simply reading
the list and sending messages as appropriate (and there is a fair amount of
latitude of "appropriate").

In the IETF, each person "represents" themselves, and not their employer or
another group, so there is no "IBM representative" or "ECMA representative".
Each participant has a say in the process without regard to whatever
organization they may belong to.  Documents move forward with rough consensus
from the participants, so participating early and often will help smooth this
work's acceptance in both the IETF and ECMA.

Given the joint-but-still-loose cooperation on this project, Matt and I (the
co-chairs of the JSON WG) would like to have any TC39 folks who want to be part
of the IETF work to join so that you can express opinions and be part of the
consensus process. If you have trepidation about doing so, you can get in touch
with Matt and I off-line. If you want to read what most IETF newcomers read,
please see <http://www.ietf.org/tao.html>  (of which I happen to be the
editor), but don't feel obliged in the least to read the whole thing.

--Paul Hoffman=