On 07/12/2013 10:27 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> And, because of what we discussed in the recent thread...
>
> Number.isInteger(Math.pow(2,53)-1) == true
> Number.isInteger(Math.pow(2,53)) == false

I need to comment in the other thread again and push back against what people
have said there, but that thread's issues aside entirely, this is very very
wrong.  2**53 is an integer.  That there are multiple mathematical integer
values that, when converted to IEEE-754 format, are equal to 2**53 is
irrelevant.  An integer value, that operations claim is not an integer, is very
very wat.

Jeff