On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Mark S. Miller <erig...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Anne, Thanks for the reminder. My message of last night fell into that
> same old trap (ignoring the storage cost) and that previous reversal of mine
> is still mostly correct, However, the missing operation is not .fulfill for
> the reasons Domenic correctly explains. It is .accept (possibly named .of)
> because it observably differs from .resolve only to .flatMap observers;
> whereas the distinction between "pending", "fulfilled" and "rejected" is
> observable to .then observers.

Okay. I think what I'm interested in for the DOM for now is nailing
down the details of the subset that excludes accept/flatMap. Those can
be added in ES7.

In particular, what *kind* of unwrapping does then() do on the input
and return side (ideally expressed in pseudo-code). And what's the
state of a promise that's .resolve()'d with a promise-like or a
promise? "pending" I guess?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/