As short answer, let me reformulate:
AFAIK 99% of libraries out there believe that slice.call will return an
Array, no matter which realm. In ES6 I see there's too much magic involved
because of subclassing possibility.

Long story:

Historically, `instanceof` has been cross browser/engine the fastest way to
understand if an object is an Array, compared with both
`Object#toString.call(arr)` and/or `Array.isArray` plus the web does not
really pass Arrays between iframes anymore thanks to `postMessage` and
other serialization mechanisms where, once deserialized, `instanceof` will
do the trick (also JSON.parse creates Arrays of the current realm)

Caja is a very-very-very specific use case that does not reflect majority
of websites so `instanceof` worked most of the time for most of the site
but regardless, Caja believes slice.call wil generate an `Array` that will
be `instanceof Array` and this is a valid assumption for every sandboxed
code that believes in `instanceof` rejecting all external "unknown"
instances.

Finally, `Object.prototype.toString.call(object)` instead of `instanceof`
is abusing a hack that is also slow ... subclassing is not only about
`Array` .. or is it? 'cause in such case I'd rather suggest a new
constructor called `ArrayLike` or `ArrayObject`, easier to polyfill and
ready to be subclassed with all the needed magic (as reflection of `Array`
behavior)

Off Topic:
I've personally tried to subclass Array since IE5 so this is a welcome
thing but does not seem to be that practical as specced now considering
existing code.