On Oct 31, 2013, at 8:06 AM, Erik Arvidsson <erik.arvids...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Make sense but I'm not sure it is needed/desired.

I agree, actually, despite being the one who put it in there in the first
place. I originally intended it as a convenience e.g. for quick scripts. But by
itself it's simply too brittle to work with; as soon as you have an internal
definition you don't want to export you can't use it -- other languages have a
way of blacklisting bindings but the export syntax starts getting too baroque
so I never went there.

I do suspect Sam has a point, that in time people will start wishing for some
of the conveniences we've eliminated. But I'm happy to revisit it in ES7. For
now, though, it doesn't make sense to have `export *;` by itself, without
additional constructs that make it more usable. Call this... maximally minimal
export syntax. ;-P

Dave