Claus Reinke wrote:
What I don't understand is why generator expressions are not used
as the only way to create generators, leaving 'function' alone.

We have been over this before: to support flows that for-of loops cannot expression, specifically coroutine libraries such as http://taskjs.org/.

Which is why I keep suggesting block-style generator expressions
in addition to comprehension-style generator expressions.

Which is why I keep responding that blocks are not functions, we do not have expression continuations, or even block continuations, that can be captured. (Remember, block lambdas fell in spring 2012). Only functions.

This is really tedious to rehash every few months!