If I’m reading the latest draft correctly, `RegExpUnicodeEscapeSequence`s
aren’t allowed in regular expressions without the `u` flag. Why is that?

AFAICT, the only situations that require looking at code points rather than
UCS-2/UTF-16 code units in order to support full Unicode are:

* the regex is case-insensitive;
* the regex contains a character class;
* the regex uses `.`;
* the regex uses a quantifier.

I’d suggest allowing `\u{xxxxxx}`-style escape sequences everywhere, and simply
changing the behavior of the resulting regular expression depending on the `u`
flag. There’s no good reason to disallow e.g. `/\u{20}/` or even `/\u{1F4A9}/`.