early send ... again:

That was to underline it is possible to define the constant twice, in two
blocks, and use that later on as defined in one of those blocks.

In current specs this is not possible.

As Brendan mentioned about runtime checking for an "uninitialized" (not
same as undefined), I would argue that undefined or declaration without
assignment (which is === undefined) could be considered as const name
reserved for the scope, first come, first serve, 'cause as developers
might declare
variables and forget to assign values, it should not be a specification
concern how badly the developer can code.

Linters are used for this purpose, highlighting uninitialized values.

Last but not least, the first example Andreas wrote is a very handy piece
of code: talking about the "inline try/catch expression" .. I wish it was
already possible like that!

That would surely simplify const definition, when try/catch is needed.

Best Regards