Well, sorry my extra angle brackets. Let me try again.

Allen says, if I understand correctly, that the tiresome complexity of the
second parsing goal will be repaid when the superior Module goal supplants
the Script goal. But we undermine this tradeoff by allowing Scripts to use
System and Loader.

The Script goal disallows 'import' and 'export' specifically to ensure that
the Script goal is inconvenient for developers and thus they are encouraged
to shift to the Module goal. By allowing 'System' and 'Loader', we allow
exactly the range of possibilities forbidden by 'import' and 'export',
undermining the mission of converting developers to use the Script goal.

Providing 'System' and 'Loader' via system modules rather than globals
would seem to improve the chances of mission success.