Quildreen Motta wrote:
but as with other parts of JavaScript, the simpler, orthogonal primitives are not available for users to derive more complex functionality from easily.

So true. JS is like a mini-toolkit of three-tool Swiss Army Knife (functions) with constructor and closure tools as well as the big first-class function edged tool; and super-caulk (objects) usable in a pinch as adhesive as well as sealant. Kind of what you want when you are traveling light, in a hurry running from zombies, no time to get a proper toolbox.

Part of TC39's work has been decomposing some of the multi-tools into new forms that do one thing well (arrow functions are my favorite in this regard). But it is both hard to justify the effort, and actually a lot of effort, to decompose fully in all cases.

Still I agree with Paolo. If we had functional (even value-like, featureless, then-able only via a special form, as in E) Futures, we could rebuild Promises on them and let Promises remain the library they've always been.