Importing is nothing like destructuring. You import mutable bindings; you don't
do assignment. I'm very glad that different syntax is used for each case.

________________________________
From: Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 10:19
To: Kevin Smith
Cc: Domenic Denicola; es-discuss@mozilla.org
Subject: Re: module exports

I understand it's hard to make changes after a certain point. It's too bad
though that developers will have to remember that the way to import a few
things from a module is:

import {foo, bar} from 'somewhere';

but the way to import the whole module is:

module SomeModule from 'somewhere';

instead of

import SomeModule from 'somewhere';

It just seems so clean to say that if you want to import something, you always
use the "import" keyword.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Kevin Smith