Oliver Hunt wrote:
That's an unfortunate side-effect. I think that developers should be able to
pick their own code styles. After all, most of these choices are subjective.
Anyway, thanks for the head's up.

They can choose their own style, just not their own syntax.

Right, and syntax can restrict style (consider Python).

A bunch of us old timers have come around to the idea that languages should dictate style harder, to avoid pointless style wars and attendant patching woes. Even without too much restrictiveness, languages lately tend to grow tools to enforce canonical style (e.g., gofmt).

K&R style for JS is best. I'm an old C hacker.