Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Andy Wingo<wi...@igalia.com>  wrote:
>  1: Essential differences
>  ==
>
>  Array comprehensions are eager.  Generator comprehensions are lazy.
>  Array comprehensions desugar into a do expression à la ES7.  Generator
>  comprehensions desugar into an IIGFE (immediately-invoked generator
>  function expression) -- sorta, anyway.  (Generator function desugaring
>  is not exact due to arguments/this/etc scoping and properties on the
>  generator function.)
>
>  This is an essential difference in the use of the iterator, and so it
>  makes sense to distinguish these at the source level as well.

I'm not sure I understand.  Is this an argument against Python's use
of similar syntaxes as well?  That is, do you also disagree with
Python's high similarity between array comprehensions and generator
comprehensions?

No, the problem is there's no way to do a generator comprehension in (what we saw of) the new syntax.