> Static checking will be limited anyway. If you want to go this way you
> should use typescript.

That's the point that I'm trying to make, shops will choose other languages
that provide more static information.  We should be thinking about
expanding the user base and ensuring that JS is a viable option years down
the road.

> CommonJS falls a bit short on the import side because static analysis of
> require calls is brittle. A special language syntax would enable a robust
> static analysis of dependencies.

If you don't have static exports, then how are you going to know if what
you import is valid?  You can't, without executing the program.