Although there is some interesting work in trying to obtain security
relevant guarantees from a script that isn't first, where a malicious
script may instead have been first (link please if anyone has it), this
work did not seem practical to me.

My POV: A realm starts out pervasively malleable. It can only provide
practical protection to some scripts within the realm from other scripts in
that realm if the first script loaded into that realm is not harmful to
this cause, and if a script supportive of that cause (like initSES.js) is
loaded before any scripts that may be harmful to that cause.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM