On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, David Herman wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2014, at 2:46 PM, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, David Herman wrote:
> >>
> >> This is part of the design work we're actively working on. I'd ask
> >> you to hold off until we have some more information for you. I'll
> >> keep you posted -- we should have some more details for you soon.
> >
> > Where is the design work happening? I'd love to be part of it, since
> > this directly impacts the rest of the work I'm doing on the HTML spec
> > right now.
>
> Right now what I've been doing is working with various stakeholders
> gathering requirements and constraints and beginning to sketch out what
> the solution space looks like. This includes people working on userland
> loader implementations, people in the Node community and browser
> development communities, people working on the JS modules design and
> spec, and people working on WC and HTML imports. Most of that has been
> in one-off discussions e.g. at the last TC39 face-to-face. I'll be
> filling out
>
>     https://github.com/dherman/web-modules/tree/master/browser-loader
>
> with our progress. I don't want to block you and I'm happy to include
> you in these discussions, but there are enough stakeholders that it's
> not going to work to make everyone come to #whatwg at this stage.

Cool, ok. (I wouldn't expect to do any real development work in an IRC
channel, FWIW. That's just where I've been bouncing ideas off people. The
real work for HTML happens on the WHATWG mailing list.)

What's the expected output here? Are you hoping to write the spec for the
Web's default loader? Or the spec for the spec?