Hello again,

I'm looking at what the default behaviour of the Web's normalize hook
should be. I've read through the links people have posted about this
before, e.g. [1], but they tend to focus on the behaviour for sensible
inputs and ES6-only inputs, so I'm not sure the following cases are
really covered by those.

The first case is around normalization vs location. Suppose a page has
this markup:

   <base href="http://example.com/";>
   <script type=module href="http://example.com/foo.js";></script>
   <script type=module> import "foo"; </script>

Do we want foo.js to be downloaded and executed once, or twice?

Second case:

   import "test/";

What should that do:

   throw in the normalize hook?
   import the file at "http://example.com/test.js";?
   import the file at "http://example.com/test/.js";?
   import the file at "http://example.com/test/default.js";?

Third case: empty string. What should get imported, if anything, if you
do something like this?:

   import "";

Fourth case: Suppose the referrer name is "foo/bar", the base URL is
"http://example.com/baz/";, and a module tries to import "../../../quux".

What should get imported?

   "http://example.com/baz/quux.js";, because you only apply the "../"
   resolution to the referrer name, and trim leading "../"s.

   "http://example.com/quux.js";, because you apply the "../"
   resolution to the referrer name and the base URL, and trim leading "../"s.

   nothing, throw an exception because the ".."s go beyond the referrer
   name's root.

   nothing, throw an exception because the ".."s go beyond the domain root
   when normalised.

[1]
https://github.com/dherman/web-modules/blob/master/browser-loader/requirements.md