On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, John Barton wrote:
> > I think we could also imagine that such an import declaration could be
> > used without the HTML Import declaration. The fetch() call will ask for
> > "<baseURL>/foo/b.js" and the server will say "hey that's in an HMTL
> > Import" and serve text/html. The fetch() hook will have to detect this
> > and process the HTML Import, then continue with the loading process.
>
> That's basically what everything I've been e-mailing the list about is
> intended to support.

While I think this topic -- triggering an HTML Import from a JS import --
is interesting and potentially useful, there is no new syntax or I see no
Loader implementation changes needed for this to work.

Composing HTML Imports with System.import() has issues because the import
is async, see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/polymer-dev/gbWgeLNnMrE

jjb