Agreed, and not only Promise.

AFAIK there is no way to detect if a generic constructor is a typeof
'class' or just a function, then invokable through a well known, commonly
used pattern as `Generic.call(obj, p1, p2)` is when it comes to generics
initializations.

This is also a precedent that suggest `Object.create(Generic.prototype)` is
useless when the `Generic` is ES6 class due inability to initialize it
later on: a very "bad news" for prototypal inheritance.

Accordingly, interoperability with old code (the "one JS" myth) is
compromised and prototypal inheritance won't be "fully portable" with
user-land classes.

Latter is not necessarily unexpected since we know other cases that could
fail, i.e.

```js
var a = Object.create(Array.prototype);
Array.call(a, 1, 2, 3);
a; // still empty

Array(1, 2, 3); // [1,2,3]
```

but interoperability with user land classes, the inability to initialize an
object through one or more constructor composing behaviors, and the
inability to emulate `new` does not make it look like a wise choice.

On the other hand, what is the advantage of knowing that `new` was used, if
not for some syntax parser or JIT sake, if any?

Why anyone would like to be sure `new` was used instead of `Object.create`
and why the former should keep failing with native and now with classes too?

Just curious to know who or what will end up benefiting this choice.

Thanks in advance for clarifications

Best Regards