On Sep 14, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Rick Waldron wrote:

> 
> 
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
> On Sep 14, 2014, at 5:27 PM, Rick Waldron wrote:
> 
>> 
>> 
>> As a follow up to these comments re: `this = new super(x, y);`, I couldn't 
>> find anything in this thread or the gists that discussed how, if at all, 
>> `super` syntax or semantics will change in method bodies.
> 
> See the third file in each of the two alternative gists (Specifically, 
> https://gist.github.com/allenwb/5160d109e33db8253b62#file-3super-rules-md and 
> https://gist.github.com/allenwb/53927e46b31564168a1d#summary-of-revised-semantics-for-super-based-references
>  which I believe are identical)
> 
> The last file in each gist 
> (https://gist.github.com/allenwb/5160d109e33db8253b62#file-5nakedsuperrationale-md
>  ) is the rationale for this part of the design.
> 
> Thanks—there was a lot to read through and this is exactly what I was looking 
> for. 
> 
> Rick
> 

Right, I encourage lots of reading and thinking on this topic ;-)

allen
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to