On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Jeremy Martin <jmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure if this is sufficient motivation to accelerate the timeline

It's not about "motivation", it's about realistic time constraints. TC39
has already had to push out 6 months and that was not taken well by both
the community and by Ecma. Further delay is not an option.

> for adding suitable parallels from Array.prototype, but it may be worth
> recalling what developers did last time there were obvious "gaps" in what a
> native prototype provided.  Array#contains, anyone?

As a community we'll simply have to reject the use of code that directly
modifies built-ins. This is also not a very strong argument in the ES6
world where built-ins can be subclassed.

Rick