Jason Orendorff wrote:
I'd love to be able to get rid of SHADOWABLE, actually! I just
recently found out we can do it with a little rearranging. Extra
state-space in property attributes is unavoidable complexity for us.
My own preference would be not to standardize it.:)

There's also the [Replaceable] attribute in WebIDL, which arises from
similar compatibility needs. It's implemented as a setter that
redefines the property being set.

"Nature" is trying to tell you something :-P.

This is a bad bunch of options. I think renaming ("hasValue"?) is
probably least-worst, followed by waiting a year and trying again.

Maybe, but if we fail then, we can't keep waiting. ES7 is 2015-2016, no slipping that train.