TypeScript is about static type checking (and IDE support), what you want
dynamic types that are better fits for problem domains. This is a step in that
direction (in addition to typed arrays in ES6):

https://github.com/dslomov-chromium/typed-objects-es7
<https://github.com/dslomov-chromium/typed-objects-es7>
> On 31 Oct 2014, at 01:15, Zexx <zex2...@gmail.com <mailto:zex2...@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Isn't optional typing (similar to TypeScript) a good thing?
>
> Let's say I want to do some image processing. And images can be really huge
> nowadays. If I allocate an array of dynamic variables, that array may be 10x
> larger than if it was an array of bytes. And I need bytes to store and
> process R,G,B,A values separately. So, the array itself could have a
> descriptor of the type, and each member of the array can then contain only
> the value.
>
> As things are now, a 32 megapixel image in ES would allocate 32,000,000 x 4 =
> 128 million dynamic variables. If each variant takes up 8 bytes, that's 1 GB
> per image. Let's say I have two source images, one mask and one output.
> That's 4 gigabytes just in images, not counting the application, libraries,
> web browser, other running apps, OS, drivers, etc.
>
> That's a waste of resources. Native apps would need only about 0.5 GB for all
> 4 source images, so it would run on a wide variety of devices as opposed to
> the ES variant. And thus the author would sell more copies and earn more
> money. Instead of getting comments like "Why did you made this crappy slow
> app. Learn to program. Competition is much faster".
>
> If ES is to become a proper, truly versatile language, shouldn't programmer
> be allowed to use it's knowledge of the app design to optimize resources?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Zex

Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
a...@rauschma.de <mailto:a...@rauschma.de>