Very well said Mark! You've basically articulated what I've been thinking
for a few years now as someone lurking amongst these lists afraid to speak
up. Often times I've seen people's questions or criticisms get shut down
with a link to lmgtfy often followed by an emoticon or two, which doesn't
make posting in these lists seem very inviting.

I really really love JS (it's so fun!), and while there are many features
in ES6 that I think are great (such as classes, modules, and import syntax)
there are things that quite frankly scare me quite a bit. Such examples
include destructuring and arrow functions, which make sense when used in
simple use cases but I find confusing to interpret when reading someone
else's code due to their terseness.

But you know what? I can live with ES6. I did enjoy, while it lasted, the
comfort in understanding 99% of JS due to its smallness. But I don't mind
learning a few more new concepts derived from other languages if it means I
can become better at both reading and writing code. But with ES6 pretty
much set in stone, ES7 will be the next round of discussions. So like you
said Mark, I think more of us (including myself) shouldn't be afraid to
share our panic. It's extremely easy to agree with someone on something,
but I think more often than not those who disagree likely hesitate in
contributing to the conversation.

--Greg