I think my original post might have been confusing so allow me to clarify.

I'm not suggesting to add named parameters to the language, I did not
intend to start a discussion about named parameters' merits vs passing an
object literal (I thing Axel had a blog about that a while ago).

What I'm interested in is *where the **is **TC standing in this regard*.

 - Are there any proposals currently under work (TC's GitHub suggests no)?
 - Were there proposals in the past that were rejected or abandoned?
 - Was there discussion about named parameters in the language before?

Since I sent the original email I've found
https://github.com/lukescott/es-named-arguments which isn't a proposal yet
but looks pretty new, so I'll just cc Luke and see if he can update us all
(although it looks like his proposal ties it to type hints) :)