On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Mark S. Miller <erig...@google.com> wrote:

> [+google-caja-discuss]
>
> Cool. I will fix the debug.js adaptor
> a) to fix the bug Boris reported,
> b) to map the FF nested format to the v8 nested format, and
> c) to preserve this information from the v8 API so that it appears
> correctly on v8 as well.
> This will require extending the Causeway stack trace format (an encoding
> of stack trace info into JSON), which looks like it should be
> straightforward. Thanks!
>
> Once extended in this way, would it be useful to standardize the Causeway
> stack trace representation, so others can avoid trying to parse the stack
> trace strings with regexps?

This was issue https://github.com/google/caja/issues/1906 which we just
closed with https://codereview.appspot.com/256790043/ . See the definition
of the Extended Causeway JSON stacktrace format starting at <
https://github.com/google/caja/blob/master/src/com/google/caja/ses/debug.js#L36>,
line 36.

Due to <https://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=4268>, we need to do
some unreliable scraping even on v8 to recover this info. This is open to
attack. As it says at <
https://github.com/google/caja/blob/master/src/com/google/caja/ses/debug.js#L184
>:

There are a variety of user-triggered
conditions that can cause this scraping to fail, such as a
methodName that contains an "(" or "@" character.

Standardizing on the JSON for the Extended Causeway Stacktrace would make
this necessarily-unreliable scraping unnecessary on all future std JS
platforms.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM