I strongly oppose. I already write a ton of code that relies on that
throwing, using that for testing purposes. I'd rather something throw
violently than to silently fail in an unexpected, potentially seemingly
unrelated place. Not even pure functional programming can act as a safety
net for implicit undefined/null access.