Didn't know about that thread, interesting indeed.

My point in a TL;DR version: if the future is able to deal with sync code
satisfying async calls, why couldn't the future be even better giving old
sync code the backward-compatible ability to understand if it's invoked in
a future-like defined constrain such a generator or an async callback ...
 it looks like a limit from the future of the language, rather than a real
limit of what the current ES5/6 specification can provide.

Hence my `held` idea.

Regards