I was under the impression that strict mode is a (temporary) workaround to
get rid of unwanted bad parts of the language without instantly breaking
anything. The long term question thus should be: do we have a timeline on
the final removal of non-strict behavior from the language, and establish
the "strict mode" as the one and only standard behavior. If so, then
introducing any additional language feature to help detecting
strict/non-strict is certainly not ideal.

As a side note - if we're gonna have Traits in ES I'd really like to see
something like Scala's `class CollegeStudent extends Student with Worker
with Underpaid with Young`, but the valuable `with` keyword is currently
occupied by a phantom from the language's rugged past. I'd really like to
see these ghosts from the past being removed from the spec once and for all
instead of being hidden behind some doors with a "DONT TOUCH" sign on it.