I agree that the tone was a bit iffy, but I do support this being in a
third party library. I have only a couple times ever had a legitimate need
for this, one of which was to write an assertion that I later used. Not
sure it's common enough it needs to be in the language. I just don't see
the need for it, and I don't feel it would be worth adding to the already
huge and complex implementations.