I'm not fully sure I understand ... instead of:

```js
const dsl = (chunks, ...rest) => chunks.reduce((s, c, i) => s + (i ?
rest[i-1] : '') + c);
```

you are looking for something similar ?

```js
const dsl = (chunks, ...rest) => chunks.reduce((s, c, i) => s + (
  i ? (dsl[Symbol.templateTag] || String)(rest[i-1]) : ''
) + c);
```

if that's the case, is `Symbol.templateTag` really needed ?

It looks to me it's possible to define your own behavior through your own
transformer already and this proposal easily brings parsing-method clashing
in the plate.

Or maybe not ... like I've said, I haven't fully understood the issue.

Thanks for any sort of extra clarification.

Regards