The "early errors" are just parser errors which are enforced not by grammar
rules, but by additional validation algorithms which follow the parsed
node. E.g. `eval` cannot be assigned in strict mode: it's not a grammar
issue (grammar allows `eval` on LHS), and it's not a runtime issue, it's an
"early error" enforced by static semantics, which still issues it as a
`ParseError`. Example in handling it in a semantic action for a production
(on a simplified `AssignmentExpression`):

```
%%

AssignmentExpression
  : IDENTIFIER '=' Expression {
      const id = $1;

      // Static semantics: early parser error:

      if (mode.isStrict && (id === 'eval' || id == 'arguments')) {
        throw new ParseError(
          '`eval` and `arguments` cannot be assigned in strict mode.'
        );
      }

      return {
        type: 'AssigmentExpression',
        left: $1,
        right: $3,
      };
    }
```

Similarly other "early errors".

BTW, here is the example I mentioned above of how Flow has to do
backtracking in parsing in some edge cases, making the grammar completely
not LR(1) anymore:
https://github.com/babel/babel/issues/1991#issuecomment-121708242

Dmitry