> it was obvious from the example that it's important that `computeResult`
isn't called until after the delay

I was just underlying possible side effects. TBH, I don't even know why
forcing a delay to an async function would be needed but yeah, definitively
on the same page.

I am also a bit against underpowered patterns, like a delay(1000) over
setTimeout since the latter one can be canceled, a delay(1000) without
cancelable Promises is a curse, IMO

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regards