Ryan Birmingham wrote:
Hello all,

I frequently find myself desiring a short array or generator
comprehension syntax. I'm aware that there are functional ways around
use of comprehension syntax, but I personally (at least) love the syntax
in the ES reference
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Array_comprehensions).

The best previous discussion on this that I found was six years old
(https://esdiscuss.org/topic/array-comprehensions-shorter-syntax) and
answers some of my questions, raising others. That said, I wanted to ask:

  * Why is the Comprehension Syntax in the reference yet not more
    standard? It feels almost like a tease.

IIRC, it was discussed here throroughly for ES6 (~2yrs ago?) and it was rejected in favour of .map/.filter/arrays fns.

  * How do you usually approach or avoid this issue?
  * Do you think we should look at improving and standardizing the
    comprehension syntax?

Thank you all for humoring me,

-Ryan Birmingham