I previously wrote:

>> most implementations for cos(theta) actually generate sin(theta) as a
"byproduct"

As others several have pointed out, that's not really true.  V8, for
example, uses a (different) Taylor series approximation for sin and cos.
But given the amount of work that goes into reducing theta to a small
interval, it still might make sense.  (See comment about SpiderMonkey
below...)

@Nicolas:

> SpiderMonkey already try to optimize consecutive calls to cos and sin

Very cool!

>  `return { sin: sin(theta), cos: cos(theta) };` will add pressure to the
nursery of the garbage collector.

True -- forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to return multiple values
that does not cause heap allocation?  That was my intention.

Another possible optimization: cache theta with its interval-reduced
equivalent.  If you get a subsequent call with the same theta, you've
already done half the work.