> Frankly, this just seems like you're trying once again to push your
"JavaScript should have frozen in time as of ES3 or maybe ES5" agenda,
which I don't think anyone else on this list shares.

its a legitimate agenda from someone who cares deeply about javascript and
believes es6 was a mistake and a step in the wrong-direction for javascript
and frontend-development.

-kai

On Oct 18, 2017 3:02 PM, "T.J. Crowder" <tj.crow...@farsightsoftware.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 6:44 AM, kai zhu
> <kaizhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > there are several factors for the current javascript-fatigue.
>
> I don't believe any such thing exists.
>
> > es6/es7/es8 introduces hundreds of these kinds of questions
> > which distract us from actual coding and shipping features.
>
> I've certainly never been distracted by these things, other than in the
usual way ("Hmmm, in our house style are we always going to use () with
arrow functions even if there's only one parameter, like we always use
curly braces with `if`?"), which isn't significant and is certainly a
*very* small price to pay for the added utility of these features.

> Including libraries? Fine, use the API they provide (callbacks or
promises) or wrap that API if you don't like it but need the lib anyway,
and certainly don't worry about the *style* the library uses in its code.
No distraction.