Javascript won't lose plain objects. Classes simplify cases of type
hierarchies that require overriden methods, and offer a memory performance
gain in the case of when there are many instances vs using plain objects to
do the same (which incurs a memory overhead for each instance's functions
even when they are the same as each other). The only encapsulated way of
doing this before ES6 was to use prototype, which is easier to get wrong
especially if there is more than two levels of depth of method inheritance.

You get to chose what works for you. You can even argue for using plain
objects in certain cases where somebody has decided to use classes. That
has nothing to do with what the language offers for those whose
applications are simpler and more performant using classes instead.