Thanks for your input.

Actually, I was not trying to beat the dead horse of my property picking
proposal, but rather give advice to another would-be spec proposer based on
my experience.

But since you brought it up, the spec for property picking can be found at
https://github.com/rtm/js-pick-notation. As with any spec, one could argue
that it's too brief, or too verbose, or missing this or that, but actually
this is a very simple feature. There is a fair amount of discussion on this
list about this proposal, in various iterations, over the last few years.

As for an implementation, the TC39 process documents clearly state that the
implementation types expected for Stage 0 (strawman) is "*N/A*". I'd be
glad to write a Babel or sweet.js implementation, but I'm not quite sure
what it would prove.

Although the TC39 documents are murky on this point, and some of them
appear to state that a proposal can gain Stage 0 status without a champion,
other information seems to say that getting a proposal to Stage 0 DOES
require the involvement of a TC39 member, even if they are not technically
considered a "champion" at that point...As for "trying to find" such a
champion, I thought posting to this group constituted such an effort, and
in addition I have reached out to a couple of members with no response.

Here's a real quick intro to the proposal:

```
const {p1, p2} = p;
const [q1, q2} = q;
return {p1, p2, q2, q2};

==or==

return {p1: p.p1, p2: p.p2, q1:q.q1, p2: q.q2};
```

becomes

```
return { {p1, p2} = p, {q1, q2} = q };
```

Yes, it's pretty much sugar--no brand new functionality here. It's about
brevity and expressiveness, which seems to have been a low enough bar for
several other features to pass. It steals no new symbols. It clearly
leverages existing destructuring assignment syntactical infrastructure.

Bob