I'd still prefer we wait until pattern matching [1] gets addressed first,
then tackling this. Error types are represented about 50 different ways in
JS, with subtyping only being one (used by the standard kind of). Node
appends an `err.code`, and the DOM adds a similar type, just using a common
error subclass. And in some cases where errors are planned (but exceptions
are more convenient), you sometimes see non-errors thrown. So there needs
to be a means of catching all of them, and `if` checks get verbose and
noisy in a hurry.