From: Andrea Giammarchi <andrea.giammar...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 10:50 AM
To: "T.J. Crowder" <tj.crow...@farsightsoftware.com>
Cc: "therealbenwi...@gmail.com" <therealbenwi...@gmail.com>,
"es-discuss@mozilla.org" <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
Subject: Re: Array.prototype.replace

just a few days ago another full stack JS dev mentioned Array replace and it
has nothing to do with what was proposed in here:
https://medium.com/@gajus/the-case-for-array-replace-cd9330707243

My TL;DR response was that once the pipe operator is in, everyone can bring in
its own meaning for `array |> replace` and call it a day.

Keep polluting the already most polluted prototype of them all doesn't look
like a good strategy to improve the language.

Just my 2 cents.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 3:37 PM T.J. Crowder
<tj.crow...@farsightsoftware.com<mailto:tj.crow...@farsightsoftware.com>> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Ben Wiley
<therealbenwi...@gmail.com<mailto:therealbenwi...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hm, despite the fewer number of points in the cons category I'm persuaded by
> the argument that we don't want people getting arrays and objects confused.
> Might be best to limit that until there is a compelling use case which there
> might not be.
Heh, whereas despite having written that first bullet in the footgun column
somewhat forcefully (looking back), I go the other way. :-)

-- T.J. Crowder