This array view thing is very close to what I had in mind, and seems to
suggest to a lot of interesting possibilities.

What strikes me as the two most significant are:

   - again, 'reversed' is just one alternative iteration order through,
   though almost certainly the most useful
   - others I can think of could be 'even/odd indexes', 'random shuffle',
      'iterate-until /while-condition', and filter equivalents
   - as well as the view defining the iteration order, it could define the
   computed value
      - this would be basically a map where the value isn't computed until
      accessed; caching behaviour could be user-determined