Yes, I've encountered this "revealing constructor" terminology and find it
confusing. I hope it doesn't catch on.
A lot of people are likely to try to associate it with the "revealing
module" pattern, with which it actually has nothing in common.
It's a strange term because this pattern, if one wants to characterize it
in terms of "revealing" things,
is more about what is **not** being revealed (to the outside world), not
what is being revealed.

It's a useful pattern seen also in the observable constructor, and probably
deserves to have a good name,
but I can't come up with anything myself, other than maybe the suboptimal
"callback-based constructor".

Bob