The only explicit mention of line numbers in the spec is to note that
"<CR><LF>… should be considered a single SourceCharacter for the purpose of
reporting line numbers", but it's clear from things like ASI and
termination of single-line comments that every *LineTerminatorSequence* is
equal in this sense. Editors and HTML are free to do what they want, but in
my opinion ECMAScript tooling at least should not pretend that these input
elements don't terminate lines.