>An advantage to having this an internal primitive is you can use vector
instructions to check 4-8 values in parallel and then end with a final step
of finding the max/min value of the vector. (integers can just use bit
hacks, float max/min has hardware acceleration).

I don't quite understand, does javascript now support vectorised operations
on the client side or an external library would be needed for this?