No idea how common of a use case this is; I personally ran across it when
reviewing the source code for marked (specifically the [rtrim method]).
That example only does characters, not strings, but it's used in the wild
by a package with ~2m weekly downloads on npm.

Of course we wouldn't want `trimStart` to differ from `trimLeft`, they'd
all be modified in unison. I just think that symmetry between similar
methods is important, and (apparently) has use cases.

[rtrim method]:
https://github.com/markedjs/marked/blob/master/lib/marked.js#L1493-L1517