-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of zwetan
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 5:51 PM
To: Dan Scott
Cc: es4-discuss@mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Possibility of standardized sprintf() in ES4?

Hi,

> Is there any other interest in adding a native sprintf() (probably as
> String.sprintf()) to the ES4 specs?

I'm interested in string formating, but surely not sprintf
I don't find it intuitive at all

I prefer something closer to String.format from .NET
but more dynamic and being able to use sort of tokens
like the ones you can use with E4X (<node>{token}</node>)

see here for an implementation
http://maashaack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ES4a/src/system/Strings.as
( public static function format( format:String, ...args ):String )

cheers,
zwetan