Personally, I'm still mixed on the introduction of the whole nominal type
system with classes and whatnot. I'm very sympathetic to views that ES4
should concentrate on ES3's weak points. At times, I feel that ES3 is just
too "alien" a base to build the "programming in the large" features that ES4
advocates on to. Like fitting a square peg into a circle.

Nonetheless, I see that languages based on the old ES4 draft (2002?) that
have been successful, namely ActionScript. I'm not very familiar with it,
but the overall feeling I get from ppl developing in AS is positive. I also
want to get my hands dirty testing out classes in ES4, but sadly the RI is
too buggy at the moment. Basically, what I'm saying is, I'm willing to give
the Java-esque type system a chance.

With that said, some of your ideas are interesting, such as multiple
prototypes. I imagine, however, that that would slightly less efficient, and
more importantly, result in similar problems to multiple inheritance (think
diamond inheritance issues). I would like to know how Self handled that
issue.

Macros have been proposed and discussed before - they're somewhere on the
wiki. AFAIK, they've been deferred to a future ES5.

-Yuh-Ruey Chen