A later version of ES may or may not embrace some sort of concurrency
solution.  (It seems likely, but who knows.)  I don't think it's possible
to say anything about what form that might take, except I'm fairly sure
that shared-memory threads won't be it.

My opinion is that if there are features that are primarily useful for
concurrency (and it sounds like what you have in mind is that) then we
should not try to guess about them until we start talking about
concurrency in earnest.

--lars