On 3/31/08 10:33 AM, Lars Hansen wrote:

> I disagree that 'enum' should be reserved in ES4.  E262-3 ch 16 is
> explicit in allowing syntactic extensions and it appears that Opera and
> Firefox do not reserve 'enum', suggesting that 'enum' is not in use on
> the public web.

I don't remember why we decided to add 'enum' to ReservedIdentifiers.
Perhaps it was sympathy with the other three. Perhaps Brendan will remember.

> Which are the three other IE reserved words?  So far as I can see, the
> list of reserved and contextually reserved identifiers contain only ES4
> keywords.

They are 'class', 'extends' and 'super'. Of these 'extends' should be
contextually reserved. The other two have special meaning in a broad enough
context that they should probably be generally reserved.

Jd